Confession- I hate jeans. Hate, hate, hate it. Maybe it’s because I started exploring fashion at the height of the low rise and constantly had to battle keeping them up, but my style today is very loose dresses. My secret for looking pulled together even while wearing what my friends fondly call ‘pillowcase’ dresses? Statement pieces!
A crazy bold lip or cutout boots, bam! Instant cohesive and comfort. But because it’s summer and I now live in Florida, I’m looking to big earrings for heat friendly pieces. These six swinging summer statement earrings are what I’ll be wearing all season long.
1.Cities in Dust is one of my favorite Chicago jewelry designers. They’re at every maker’s fair with new collections, but this piece is my favorite.
2. Anthropologie’s summer lineup has me doing double takes. It’s leaning more modern than boho and I’m for it!
3. 90% of my jewelry collection is Madewell at this point. Seriously, look at the etched middle fringe.
4. These hold a special place in my heart- they were my reception earrings at my wedding! Online pics don’t do it justice.
5. Featured Etsy maker, Umya, is a self taught metalsmith with an amazing eye for shapes and details. Even the hooks on these earrings have detail!
6. In the same era of the low rise jean, Forever21 was the OG in statement pieces. Brave the mall (or better yet online) for big, simple shapes that you won’t be afraid to lose on vacation.
What summer pieces are you looking forward to?