We’re trying something a little different for 2018; guest writers! Today, Kacey Bradley of The Drifter Collective is sharing her picks for trends to try for New Years. The Drifter Collective is an eclectic lifestyle blog that expresses various forms of style through the influence of culture and the world around us.
Along with writing for her blog, she frequently writes for sites like US Travel News, Thought Catalog, Style Me Pretty, Tripping.com and more. So let’s see what trends she’s excited to see for the New Year!
After a month and a half of living in different states, just 2 days after getting married, Michael & I are finally in the same city! I feel like our new apartment can finally start becoming a home now. And we can start planning our honeymoon ;D
Straw hats, market bags, and bandanas- is there anything more summer? I’ve been on the hunt for a modern bandana for our upcoming trip to Japan and couldn’t quite find what I was looking for. There are some gorgeous ones out there, but excuse me for not wanting to pay $50 for essentially a sweat mopper. And then I saw this linen napkin on clearance from West Elm.
When planning a wedding look I was really drawn to this picture from a Carolina Herrera bridal show, but really wanted a hairstyle that 1) worked with a veil 2) I could do on my own, naturally curly hair.
Confession- I hate jeans. Hate, hate, hate it. Maybe it’s because I started exploring fashion at the height of the low rise and constantly had to battle keeping them up, but my style today is very loose dresses. My secret for looking pulled together even while wearing what my friends fondly call ‘pillowcase’ dresses? Statement pieces!
A crazy bold lip or cutout boots, bam! Instant cohesive and comfort. But because it’s summer and I now live in Florida, I’m looking to big earrings for heat friendly pieces. These six swinging summer statement earrings are what I’ll be wearing all season long.
1.Cities in Dustis one of my favorite Chicago jewelry designers. They’re at every maker’s fair with new collections, but this piece is my favorite.
2. Anthropologie’s summer lineup has me doing double takes. It’s leaning more modern than boho and I’m for it!
3. 90% of my jewelry collection is Madewellat this point. Seriously, look at the etched middle fringe.
4. These hold a special place in my heart- they were my reception earrings at my wedding! Online pics don’t do it justice.
5. Featured Etsy maker, Umya, is a self taught metalsmith with an amazing eye for shapes and details. Even the hooks on these earrings have detail!
6. In the same era of the low rise jean, Forever21 was the OG in statement pieces. Brave the mall (or better yet online) for big, simple shapes that you won’t be afraid to lose on vacation.